Previous Outreaches: April & September 2017
- Cleared building rubble
- Planted a fence
- Completed a roof
- Tiled a stoep
- Planted a garden
- Prepared a veggie garden
- Cleared a paddock from alien vegetation in order for horses to graze safely
- Made new friends
More about our previous mission trip to kleinmond
We partner with Johan and Marie Matthee of Zehandi Missions South Africa who started House Madalitso in August 2013, which is founded and operated on Christian morals and principles. House Madalitso provides temporary residence and place of safety to seven or eight babies and children from birth until about 10yrs of age, who have been given up for adoption, abandoned or neglected. It is a place where babies and children can be cared for while they await the next stage of their life.
On the property were four dilapidated old farm workers houses on 2ha of ground. This farm is connected to the sea and located next to the wildlife reserve with wild horses running free.
From this ….. To this – a family home with extended stoep.
The volunteer house and baby rooms. Once completed It will have a stoep covered with a roof connecting all the houses.
The bathrooms are taking shape.
Once completed, the house will consist of a Baby Room with changing stations. a Girls’ Room, Boys’ Room, bathrooms and kitchen. It will have indoor and outside play areas as well as an Educational Room for home schooling and a therapy room for Occupational Therapists to work in.
The complex will also have a communal kitchen where meals can be enjoyed together as a family. A Volunteer House for those helping with the children, the Family House as well as a vegetable garden to be self-sustaining.
Needs for Madalitso House:
- Cement and sand to complete the construction work
- Containers or Wendy House for the storage of supplies as well as an office
- Solar panel system
Needs for the Children:
- Snacks, peanut butter and non-perishables
- Special events, such as birthdays and Christmas treats
- Diapers and Formula
Where YOU can help:
- Manpower to paint and tile the inside of the houses
- Manpower to paint the outside
- Paint the cots and provide new fitting mattresses and covers
- Linen for the cots and double bunks
- Curtains for the windows
- Extend the vegetable garden
- Repair the fence surrounding the house complex