Previous Outreach: June 2017
- Desks, given as donation, were painted
- Handed out uniforms to all the children at the After Care
- Assisted the children of the village with making Father’s Day cards for their Dads
- Door-to-door ministry on Sunday morning and handed cards to those who did not get
- Many fathers were prayed for. We believe for the restoration of families
- Ministered to the owners and staff of Houverby Nasorgsentrum
More about our previous mission trip to REDELINGHUYS
Lying approximately two hours’ drive from Cape Town, Redelinghuys is known as the potato capital of the Sandveld and it is in this small town that we partner with Houverby Aftercare Centre and Redelinghuys Boarding School
Owner and Visionary: Jane Louw Teacher: Ciska Amos
The Houverby Aftercare Centre facility was started in 2014 to create a safe haven for the children of Houverby, a farming community. They are striving to create within the children a hope for their future through Jesus Christ and to empower them by teaching them Christian values and life skills. They are lovingly taught by Ciska Amos.
This aftercare centre was started in a small building on the farm and all equipment and supplies were provided by Mr and Mrs Louw. Sixteen children are currently attending with most of these children suffering from “Foetal Alcohol Syndrome”.
After our initial work, they have since moved into a larger facility. Partners provided us with school uniforms, text books and desks which we blessed them with.
Our bigger vision is to reach all the children of Redelinghuys, and we utilised Father’s Day to draw them all together in the Church hall and taught them to make their own cards. Our volunteers used this opportunity to relate to them that their Heavenly Father loves them and cares for them.
We used the excess Father’s Day cards to visit the village and pray for the fathers who did not receive anything.